Thursday, October 09, 2008

One step closer

So I got some good news from my search angel this morning.
Anne told me about a posting she saw on the Sellers search site (Sellers is the name of the home for unwed mothers that my birthmother stayed while she was pregnant with me). The posting was from a birth mother that had found her son, but she mentioned a girl named Maureen who was there at the same time that the lady posting was. The times match up that it could have been my Maureen,What are the odds that there were two Maureens at the same place? I am hoping it is my birthmother she knew. And even if she has not clue where she is now (which she prob. does not as that was 30 years ago), how cool would that be to have someone who KNEW her when she was pregnant with me and could tell me something about her. Even something as simple as, she drank dr. pepper all the time or she loved the color blue. Some piece of information that makes her a real person instead of the made up one I have in my mind.
So I am rambling, back to the good news. Anne, my angel, was going to try and contact the lady posting to see if she remembered my Maureen and maybe get some clues as to where we might look for her (i say we like i am doing any of the work which i am not) My angel told me that the email address was no longer working and the phone number was disconnected so she did'nt think that would be a lead that would help us.
On a hunch Anne logged into myspace and who did she find, but this lady. She knew it was the same one from the identical information such as her husbands name and the name of the son that she had been reconnected with. So she is going to contact her that way. So keep your fingers crossed that 1)The lady is the same lady and 2)She has some information we can use.

All this is so frustrating sometimes. Knowing that this lady is out there (hopefully still alive) and that there is a story behind my life that I know nothing about. I just have to give it to God and if it is meant to work out it will. Honestly, I think deep down need it to work out more than I prob. should.

No comments:

Blog Archive