Friday, October 24, 2008

adoption search update

I got an email today from my search angel today. My angel was able to make contact with a birth mother from Louisiana that for many years searched for the child she had given up for adoption.From what I have heard this woman sounds so driven in her search. Supposedly she even snuck into the courthouse and was able to copy birth records and eventually formed a type of support group to help other people that are searching. She did find her child and was re-united. She said she has notebook after notebook with notes in it and maybe one of them will have some piece of the my puzzle. Maybe someone knew Maureen and has some clue to find her. I am cautiously optimistic and just have to stop and pray about it. I have learned this past year that you don't have control over what happens since we don't always know God's plan for our lives and why we have to go through what we do go through. I do believe that no matter what when you pray you get an answer. I know it might not be the answer I want to get, so I pray for the peace to just accept what that answer is. It is so much easier to type and a little bit harder to keep a postivie and encouraging spirit though.
It is actions like this ladies that I really find inspiring and encouraging. The world is such a big, big place, full of people with their own lives and stories and it is easy to get lost in it all.But we have the chance to do something good with the trials that we go through. We all have strengths and gifts to offer and as a human being you should do that for someone else. Just because you can.
In my search I alternate between obsessively pouring over adoption sites looking for any bit of information I can find on Maureen and then having to just walk away and not look at any at all because i am just devestated that I can't find anything. I know it's because I don't know where to look and that I do have alot of information so maybe someday I will find her. Or she will find me.If you have not seen The Locator on the channel WE you need to DVR it and watch it. It's about a search angel and how he connects people that are searching for each other. But make sure you have your Kleenx handy.
Honestly I would have given up totally if it had not been for my search angel. She always seems to give me hope when I am not expecting it and it encourages me to be reminded that I just have to keep looking.Maybe try to look at it from a different angle and re-visit what information I do have.Sometimes I ask myself why is she doing this? She has her own life and it is in no way connected to mine (meaning she has no personal agenda for her own gain here) but then I remind myself of what I talked about earlier in this post about helping someone just because you can and I think of her and smile.

No comments:

Blog Archive