Tuesday, October 14, 2008

It's gonna be a long one folks......

So as I was sitting in my bedroom this past weekend (for the last 4 days I have had a horrible case of pink eye and Dan would not allow me to leave the confines of my bedroom) I had alot of time for reflection. Let's see if I can blog it all out into some kind of form that will make sense.
FRIDAY- Work was kindof nuts. I had a very successful sample sale and several upcoming event committee meetings. About halfway through the Texas Hold Em metting I felt my eyes really start to burn and drain a greenish color mushy liquid. As soon as we cleaned up at 1pm I went home so I would not infect any kids (they usually get to the club about 3pm) and by the time I got home my left eye was on fire. So I called Dan and he came home to play nurse and take care of the kids. I did not sleep and relief came only from an ice pack and a bottle of R&R (forgive me father for I have sinned)I was so glad to fall asleep
SATURDAY-I woke up in horrible pain. Nothing helped not eye drops, not ice packs, not praying. But that night I decided to go to the Joe Nichols concert anyway. I donned a not so attractive but very hilarious looking eye patch and off I went. I will admit it was nice to be out of the house and the focus off of my eye situation. I sang and danced (no, I was not drunk) I sat way in the back away from the main crowd and made sure I had my hand sanitizer and did not touch anyone.And although I've been to better concerts, I have also been to worse. I made it home and was able to sleep (somewhat) but on the way home I discovered my other eye was pink. Leave it to me to get it in the other eye. Ugh.
SUNDAY-by today I am miserable. The skin around my eyes is puffy and pealing and just horrid to look at. The green stuff won't stop coming and Isaiah stands at my door and wails "mommy". My poor son must feel abandoned and neglected. Dan has been really wonderful this whole weekend and this is one time his germaphobia is paying off. But I did not appreciate the way he kept spraying lysol all over everything I touched or even in the bed I was still lying in. He made my food and kept the ice packs coming steady. I think I might let him stay around after all. He can be pretty helpful at times.The girls had been visiting their dads side of their families and came home today of course commenting on how un-attractive my eyes look. As if I did not know this already.I am just hoping I can get out of this bedroom soon.
MONDAY-Still not possible to go to work yet. Working around kids is a blast but I want to be careful not to get any of them sick (even though I know one of the rugrats had to have given it to me to begin with)but anyway, I did make it to the dr. and get some more powerful eye drops and the neosporin is finally working so my skin has stopped pealing and bleeding. As I was lying there I found myself getting involved in this lifetime movie called "A Girl Like Me" which is about the true story of a boy that just felt like he should have been a girl and how 4 boys that had been attracted to him (posing as a her) beat and killed him/her. I could not help but think of my own son and how precious he is to me and what that mother must have gone through. Of course you want your child to be successful and liked but most of all I think you just want them to be happy. Dan and I have had several heated discussions about "what if" Isaiah decides he wants to date guys. I always question why there is not the same issue with the girls but he says there just isn't (don't know if I understand that one or not but okay) I am of the opinion whatever floats your boat as long as you don't push it on me. I try to not be judgemental of other people because I recognize that some may have a problem with the fact that I have a bi-racial family. Anytime you do something out of the norm you will face prejudice and hate. I honestly would not choose for my kids to date same sex as them. But that is just the way I feel in my heart and if they did not feel that way I would hope I could still show them I love them. That I don't encourage it but that does not mean I love them any less. My question has always been, what happened in that childs life to make them feel like that is what makes them complete? It is all a little too deep for me to understand I guess, I just worry about it too much (like I worry about everything) Life is messy and awkward enough, I can't imagine having to face the fact that you don't feel like what God made you to be. But that is a whole nother blog. I was just really sad for this boy and his family and just thankful that my kids are healthy and seemingly happy.
TUESDAY-Finally I am back to work. It's been a long weekend and I have 42 emails to respond to. I had the chance to mail the get well soon cards that my club kids made to Elijah and Leighton so that is a really wonderful feeling. I wish I could see their faces when they open up these huge envelopes full of cards made by kids telling them they are pulling for them. Continue to pray for them and that they heal. Another new friend is Brody and you can read his story on his caringbridge site. That address is www.caringbridge.org/visit/brodystolz. Jack's foundation is doing amazing things and I am so blessed and honored to be on the board of directors. That little baby has been the catalyst for so much love and healing and I am truly touched by his life every day. If you have not checked out the website it is www.jackryangillham.org
anyway, this has gotten long enough and I need to stop procrastinating and get to those emails.

muah for now

No comments:

Blog Archive