Saturday, October 18, 2008

date night with Dan

Last night I met up with an old friend from jr. high Elaine. We met on Dickson at Wasabi. I was kinda nervous because I am not an adventureous eater and I've only had sushi one other time. But I got a dragon roll and absolutely loved it.It was not raw (which alot of sushi really isnt raw but I had to ask because there is no way I would ever even try raw fish) ewwww....There wasnt enough food though to fill me up,and it was gone too quickly, but I enjoyed it while it lasted. I tried not to look at the green stuff though and just put it in my mouth. I will say I was suprised at how well I was able to work the chop sticks. Hmmm....
anyway, after Wasabi I headed to pick up my hubby and we went to Eddie Haskell's. Being out in Bentonville has a whole different vibe than Fayetteville. It might just be because I am older and don't get the thrill I once did from being out who knows, but everytime I go out it is kinda a disappointment for several different reasons. one, because I don't get trashed (for the most part) anymore and who wants to be around a smokey room full of people that ARE trashed? and two, because I know tomm. will come too fast and I will have wished I was in bed instead of being out. But it was nice to be spending time with Dan. I don't get to do that a whole lot with out the kids.
After Eddie Haskell's we headed to meet some friends at Boomers. It is new and has a really hip, laid back feel. Lots of sports stuff on the tv and pool tables and an outside patio. Some of Dan's work buddies and our friend Greg was there so we just hung out and I did have a little too much sauce there. We did the time honored tradition of going to eat at Denney's before going home. Nothing like greasy breakfast food when you have had too much to drink.
This morning I am going to the craft fairs and the library and then we have a work thing tonight. I don't know if I am likin the kids being gone this weekend. I feel kinda lost.(or maybe that is the residual feelings from the alcohol last night?!?) anyway, should be another interesting evening but I am not drinking tonight I know that for sure.

1 comment:

elaine said...

Oh Wendy, I am so glad that Doug and I introduced you to the world of sushi and that you liked it both times... Just the other day on tv, I saw that Harp's in Rogers has a sushi chef there so maybe you can take some sushi home to your family... Who knows, they may all love it... I always have fun hanging out with you and it is great to play catch up and even take a blast from the past... Ha Ha

LOVE YA,
Elaine

Blog Archive