Friday, October 03, 2008

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/leightonharper

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/leightonharper

Okay, so I put the link in 3 different places so it should be easy to find. This is the story of a little boy who was born really early without his heart fully developing. Stories like this break my heart and I believe that we should all support them and encourage them in anyway we can. Something as simple as keeping up with their blog and sending them love and encouragement is priceless and doesnt take up much of your time at all.

Last night I watched the Front Row Live concert series on the gospel chanel and the featured artist was Natalie Grant. I could tell that I am now a light weight because at one glass of wine I cried for two hours straight after she sang the song "Held". I was not having a good Jack night (as Beth says).Our series we are studying in church right now is on heroes. and what it is to be one. Jack truly is my hero. Something so simple as I got to rent the bounce house for Isaiah's birthday party because of the silent auction because we were trying to raise money because we want to help other families with sick babies because Jack was born. So many things wonderful things came from that tragedy. And as selfish as it is, it is healing to be a part of his foundation. Next to my kids and my family it is my proudest and greatest joy. But that doesnt mean I dont get angry or selfishly wish he were still here. I wish I could do something to give one of my dearest friends her baby back. And that helpless feeling of knowing I can never do that or change her hurt just reduces me to tears. Time does not make it better it just makes it different.

This was on the blog of one of my myspace friends and it really touched me, and I am going to share it now with you,

The Purpose of Trials

No matter how successful we are, we all face challenges, struggles, and times when things don't go our way. When calamities occur, some people immediately think they have done something wrong, that God must surely be punishing them. They don't understand that God has a divine purpose for every challenge that comes into our lives. He doesn't send the problems, but sometimes He allows us to go through them. Why is that? The Bible says temptations, trials, and difficulties must come, because if we are to strengthen our spiritual muscles and grow stronger, we must have adversities to overcome and attacks to resist. Moreover, it's in the tough times of life that we find out what we're really made of. The pressure exposes things that we need to deal with - things such as wrong attitudes, wrong motives, areas where we're compromising. As odd as this may seem, the trials can be beneficial. Your Best Life Now Chapter 23 Joel Osteen

I know that trials are blessings. I know that if he brings you to it,, he will bring you through it. That does not mean it is not hard. It is. So I just make it a point to love my kids as hard and as much as I can. And to say thank you for my blessings and not ever take that for granted. I am truly a lucky girl

No comments:

Blog Archive