Thursday, October 16, 2008

fun fun fun at work, and i got to wear makeup today

So today was kinda a neat day at work. First off we celebrated our yearly balloon release with 300 balloons the kids got to release. On the balloon is a note that says this balloon came from "The Boys & Girls Club of Benton County and if you find it here is our address, send us a letter" We do it every year and last year letters came from all over. There is nothing like the sound of a child's scream of happiness (and screams of anger too but that is a different noise altogether) it was such a pretty sight to see all the colorful circles floating up to the clouds.
I was a little meloncholy because while it was a pretty sight the balloon release is something that Beth and Jack's family do at special times with special notes to him on the balloons. So I looked up to the sky and said a quick "love you little buddy" to my favorite angel. and then I was drug back into the building by lots of little hands. Two sets of those hands being my own five and eleven year old babies.
I love being able to spend time with them on a whole different level than being mommy. Being Ms. Wendy is a thrill I dont think I have ever gotten to experience. I conned several of the kids into helping me with the project I have going for Emory's kindergarten class Halloween party. Yes, I am that cheesy mommy that is homeroom mom every year and while I say I dread it (for appearance sake of course), I eat up every minute of it and the happiness my kids get from saying "yeah, that is my mom".
anyway, back to art project. I had the cafeteria ladies save me cans from the lunch room that the food comes in (those really big tin cans they can clean and run through the dishwasher) We painted the cans orange (all 30 of the cans-no way I could do that by myself very efficiently) and now they are drying. I will write each child's name on the can with little squiggles and polka dots in white and black.I drill two holes in each can and a wire hanger will be formed into handles and raffia tied on the ends to make it prettier. For the art project the kids will get to glue black foam pieces in the shape of triangle eyes and a half moon mouth and that will be the pumpkin they can use to go trick or treating with.
Kaileigh did the project in her kindergarten class and we still have it in great shape (and that was 5 years ago) I will post pics on here when we are done so you can see. It's super easy and cheap but it looks like you really went to alot of trouble and the kids (and mommies) love it. At least I did.
So that was my day got to release balloons, paint tin cans and play with my girls.....and I get paid to do this job.

oh yeah, and my pink eye is gone and pealing warped skin has healed enough for me to put makeup on..whoo-hooo life is good

No comments:

Blog Archive