Tuesday, October 21, 2008

why i love fall

Burnt reds,yellows,oranges and greens all over the ground, hay bales pumpkins scarecrows and mums in people's front yards, stores decorating for the upcoming seasons, pumpkin spice yankee candles, pumpkin and sugar hand soap from bath and body works, taking our yearly fall family picture, stopping for coffee on my way to work, the chill in the air on our saturday morning trips to the public library, going to the pumpkin patch with my kids class from school, carving pumpkins then baking and eating the seeds, watching how happy it makes my kids to fling the pumpkin slime from the inside at each other, putting leaves into cheesy pumpkin bags to set out in our front yard, hay rides and haunted houses, dressing my babies in ridiculous costumes that they will one day hate me for, road trips to mississippi,the return of grey's anatomy and all those other shows that make me cry, pulling out my favorite long sleeved t-shirts, wearing dan's old flannel pj pants, christmas shopping for other people, war eagle and garage sales. I am sure i am forgetting something because i know i love more than this

No comments:

Blog Archive