Monday, October 20, 2008

How I found myself at the Duggar Wedding Reception

 



So I will admit sometimes I get myself invited to places I am not quite sure how it happened. This was one of those times. I woke up a little hung-over from the night before but did my usual running around anyway. I was a little disoriented from not having my kids around(and knowing they would not be home until Sunday did not help).
At @ 2pm Alicia called and asked me to go somewhere with her. Two of her clients were going to a wedding reception and told her if she wanted to come she could. I don't know if it was out of curiosity or of a need to please but she said she would. And since she knew I watched the tv show they were on she called me. So we went.
It was held at First Babtist Church in Springdale and I will admit, I was suprised at how well everything looked. I don't know if I expected to see everyone in the wedding party in puffed sleeves and white collar matching dresses, but they were pretty modern and a pretty shade of blue. The bride actually made all of them. The family member I got the biggest kick out of is the cousin Amy. She is this petite fiery little thing and she says what is on her mind and it often gets her in trouble.
I know that this family has a lot of mixed fans and fo's in this community. It ranges from "why would you have that many kids" (prob. the most vocalized issue) to "how can you pay for all of that". I just say whatever floats your boat. I can't really tell you why I watch the show. I just do. Michelle really does talk that way all the time, and the kids were really well behaved (my 3 don't act near as calm and easy going as her 17 so that says something to me anyway) Amy said that Jon from "Jon and Kate plus 8" friend requested and messaged her on facebook and said they love the show. For some reason that cracked me up. and someone let it slip what the new babies name is (altough they won't announce it on the show yet). Mostly I just tried to stay out of the cameras way. That would be really embarassing for me. Don't
even know these people and I crashed their wedding and now I am on their show. How tacky would that be!!! But it was an experince and a kinda funny one too.
Oh what a life!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Blog Archive