Monday, February 02, 2009

Started to do not me Monday but that one got scrapped...just call this post "Why I like my husband"

Today I did NOT turn 31. Okay, so maybe I did turn 31 today, I am suprisingly okay with it (I think turning 30 was such a horrendous thought to me that from now in it's all downhill from here) I was shocked though when I opened the card from my husband. I really should not tell you what it says because when I complain about him you won't take my side anymore. But okay, I guess I will tell you

Once there was this guy.
A nice guy, really.
And he met this girl.
An incredible girl-truly amazing.
So naturally the guy falls
head over heels in love with her,
and pretty soon their picking out
china patterns and rings
and there's a wedding
and the starry eyed couple
rides off into what will surely
be a rosy future....

Okay, so now some time has passed
and the guy is living in that future.
He's still married to that girl,
but now that life includes alot of stuff-
appliances, and bills, and loads of laundry
and home repair projects.
But between the to do's and have to's
there are these moments
when the guy stops for a minute
and looks around him.

He looks at his wife
who is still truly amazing
he looks at their life together,
all the ways
and different direcions it has grown,
he looks at all the responsibilities he's got,
and he thinks to himself,
so, this is my life.

And then he thinks to himself,
I am one helluva lucky guy.



...man, he's good!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

It's your BIRTHDAY?????? happy Bday!

Nola said...

Happy Birthday!!!!! and what a sweet poem!