Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Say what?!?! Wednesday

I saw a cute post the other day about a mommy's little girl and all the cute things she says so i decided to make that my today's post. hence, "Say what?!? Wednesday"

Last night i saw my two year old sneaking off to his favorite spot under the kitchen table, so i made a mad dash, screaming "No Isaiah, you have to go poo-poo in the potty" but I was not fast enough. i don't know how he does it so fast in his diaper cause when i make him sit on the potty he sits there FORRR-EVERRRR! So the funny part is after he was in his cough medicene induced sleep i went to check on him. He opened one sleepy eye and simply said "No pabby mommy"


What do kids have against the potty?

Emory, my middle and most challenging child (I describe her as prison or president and that could not be more accurate) was in the car yesterday and says to her 11 year old sister "Stop arguing with me you are being cartastic" and then she looks at me and says "cartastic is when you are being silly"


thus the new definition of SARCASTIC has been expained to me via my 6 yr old. She should know too, as sarcasm runs bountiful in our house.

Another Emory story revolves around the phone, her biological father, and me almost peeing my pants. Have you ever been corrected in a innocent and matter of fact way that you just can't help but laugh, and your child is completely bewildered because they were just telling you the truth.
We were in the car and Emory's dad called. She sat there describing her day and that she had gotten her card changed. She said "Taylor got me in trouble today and that is why I got my card changed" so I said under my breath (and vary cartastically) "Like you never do anything to get yourself in trouble" so she rolls her eyes, pulls the phone away from her ear and tells me "Oh yes I do, just this time it was not my trouble we got in"


At least she is honest huh!

Here are some words (and there translations) that have come out of the mouths of my babes

candy can (candy cane)

cretzels (pretzels)

hoohee (goofy)

meme (Minnie)

I would tell you what my 11 yr old used to call her FISHY (think female parts) when she was two, but it is not christian of me so i will let you figure that one out. Try explaining that one folks.

boops (elbows)


I will now have to go dig out the baby books where i write this all down, i know i have some more funny ones i just have too many kids to remember off the top of my head.

4 comments:

dreambaby said...

Laughing out loud at this post! You're so blessed with those kids, and fortunate to have such great opportunities to expand your vocabulary!
Thanks for the kind words...let's keep in touch!

5th Belle Avenue said...

CUTE blog! I love your header!

Rachel said...

I love that boobs somehow means elbows, and you make me want to be a kid again!

Ashley said...

haha. You have to write this all down for them. My favorite is "Cartastic"... lol soooo cute!