Monday, November 10, 2008

where did my weekend go?

 



This weekend was much needed. Only 2 weeks till my next event ("Chicks N Chili" 5K Run/ Walk and 1/2 marathon) and I am so ready for it to be over. As much as I love my job as an event director, sometimes at the end you run out of steam. Weekly meetings and revisions on things like posters and t-shirts and yard signs....ugh enough already.

On Saturday my family and I spent the morning at Fastlane. Playing video games and laser tag..pizza and redeeming tickets for prizes so cheap they don't make it out of the parking life. good times (at least I hope the kids thought so)The whole rest of the day I layed around and did nothing. It was great. That night after the kids were in bed Dan and I watched a movie..... together. I almost did'nt know what to feel about the whole thing since it is such a rariety these days.

Sunday was more "Chicks N Chili" stuff and then off to catch the very last of The Board of Directors meeting for The Jack Ryan Gillham Foundation. I did not think I would be that late, but what can you do. I need to clone myself sometimes. Needless to say I did not contribute a whole lot to the meeting.

Sunday night we ate deer stew, cornbread and broc. and cheese that Dan had cooked. I wasn't able to eat deer meat until just recently, now I can't really tell a difference.(as long as I don't think about it) It was really sweet of him to cook. That is his new Sunday tradition. Every Sunday he makes a big meal from scratch and we all have to stop doing whatever we are doing and eat as a family. I kinda like that idea so I go along with it. Sometimes my husband is a pretty good guy (shhh..don't tell him I said that)it was off to bed and ready for Monday. We are down to one car right now so he drops me off at work. I am actually kinda not happy about it because my ride to work is MY time. I turn up the radio way too loud, drive a little faster and enjoy not having to listen to Jonas Brothers or Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.And I hate being stuck here with no way to leave until he decides to come and get me. I had to BRING MY LUNCH..ugh. So I feel kinda gipped right now. I am trying to look at the positive side of this, it is more time I get to see my family and Dan in particular.....Maybe if I tell myself it's not so bad I will eventually believe it.

anyway, happy monday guys!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Blog Archive