Monday, November 10, 2008

top ten pet peeves

So as I was reading Beth's top ten pet peeves my mind would not let me concentrate and started rattling off my own list of "oh no you did'nts" here they are in no particular order.

1. When someone redoes a wonderfully great song. For example, I am listening to a very painful rendition of the Beyonce song "Crazy in Love" redone by Snow Patrol.Yes folks, I said Snow Patrol. The very same group that mellowly and calmly sings "If I lay here. If I just lay here. Would lie with me and just forget the world" is now screaming in my ears "uh-oh uh-oh uh-oh oh na na" (truly painful, I tell ya!)

2. Filling out Birthday Party invitations. I used to take such care in carefully crafting a beautiful invite to send out to all our family and friends. Now I cringe as I have waited till the last minute and it is too late to order them to be printed so I have to hand write them all at.And I am seeing visions of the inevitable melt down and hissy fit, the "Is everyone having fun" and why won't Dan stop talking to his friends and help me. Good times huh.

3. Not changing the toilet roll after it has been all used up instead setting it on the holder for me to change out. Seriously, you can't change it yourself. You are so focused on doing your buisness that you can't multitask and CHANGE THE ROLL. ugh!

4. When Emory walks into my office and just throws her backpack and jacket in the floor right outside the door instead of putting it in the corner where her sister puts hers. It goes back to the "Were you born in a barn question?"

5. Forgetting how badly I am at the upkeep required of having your natural nails painted. I chip off and pick at them until there is only the round circle of polish in the middle of my nails ususally on my thumbs and pinkie finger.So classy going in to meetings would'nt you say

6. How slow kaileigh is getting ready for something. I tell her to go get her backpack and she stops to inspect a bracelet she has found in the bathroom or it is suddenly urgent that she add a pair of fingerless gloves to her ensamble. REALLY, I mean, what part of "we are running late" makes you think all of that is necessary.

7. When someone asks if one of my kids are adopted. No, for the record, they are not. I try to jokingly say I am pulling an Angelina, (although for the record that is a cover up to how ticked off I am)

8. Rude drivers... Is is really going to hurt you to wait 30 seconds for me to cross in front of you (especially since you can't go anywhere anyway but for me it is all clear) I have griped so much that my kids say "I know already don't say it, if we are rude drivers when we grow up, you will make it so we can't drive at all" I smile happy in the knowledge that my children are trainable (except when it comes to changing the toilet paper roll or flushing the toilet)

9. When my husband tries to parent me. I acknowledge that in a lot of ways he compliments me and balances out my faults. but in a lot of other ways he just plain gets on my nerves..... I have taken to say when I am upset at him "I love you honey but right now I don't like you"

10. Men who don't pay child support....enough said

Thanks Beth, that was fun. Maybe I will do some more of these

No comments:

Blog Archive