Thursday, November 27, 2008

no turkey for us folks

I started out with the Christmas decorating in the dining room. I just go area to area and eventually every surface, nook and crany gets covered. I am a Christmas geek taking such childlike pleasure in every santa face, friendly snowman's wave, and reindeer with a red nose. I just walk through the house (when I finally get done finding every treasure it's own place) with just plain giddiness. Usually we are in Mississippi visiting my in-laws so this is the first year we have been home for Thanksgiving and it was uncharacteristically (for me) calm, lazy, laid back and fabulous!! I am stuffed both in my stomach and in my heart.

 


We don't do anything traditionally. While my husband can fry a juicy bird this year we opted for ham. You could just taste the apple cidar and apple juice. yummy yummy yummy
 


Kaileigh was at Nana's visiting her dad so it was just the little kids and I have never seen them eat that much.
 



Emory pulled a me and ate all the black olives before anyone else had a chance to get to them. Black olives are a rare commodity in our house. Not that we don't buy them they just don't last....Some things do get passed down from generation to generation. My mom used to get so frustrated at how fast we ate them that she started putting a can in each of our stockings at Christmas time. I have decided to adopt the practice and this year Santa will deposit one can of black gold in each of my kids stockings. Can't wait to see their faces. :)
 


Hope you all had a great turkey day and took a second to stop and simply say....thank you (for whatever it is you are thankful for) I know I did.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Blog Archive