Thursday, November 06, 2008

7 things I pray for my kids

As I was blog hopping (as I tend to do when I am procrastinating at work on a task that is daunting or unappealing), I stumbled across this blog post from "Bring the Rain" and it really touched me. When I think of my children, and all that I want for them it is such an overwhelming prayer. All the wishes and hopes and dreams I have for them and for the adults they will become. So to be able to read something so simple yet so complete was something I printed out to take home and frame for bedside.I thought I would share that prayer now.....


1. When they wake up: "Let the morning bring Kaileigh, Emory and Isaiah word of your unfailing love, for we put our trust in You. Show them the way they should go, for to you I lift up their soul." (Adapted from Psalm 143:8)


2. When they are getting dressed: "Therefore, as God's chosen child, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourself with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Lord, help my babies bear with others and forgive whatever grievances they have against others. Help all of us to forgive as the Lord forgave us. And over all these virtues, help us put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity." (Adapted from Colossians 3:12-14)


3. While they are eating: "Teach my angels the secret of being content in any and every situation whether well-fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. Teach us that we can do everything through him who gives us strength." (Adapted from Philippians 4:12-13)


4. When they go out of the house: " Kaileigh, Emory and Isaiah do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-His good, pleasing and perfect will." (Adapted from Romans 12:2)


5. While they are taking a bath: Lord, give my children clean hands and a pure heart, and let my family not lift our souls to an idol or swear by what is false. Let us receive blessing from the Lord and vindication from God our Savior. Let us be part of the generation of those who seek him, who seek your face. (Adapted from Psalm 24:4-6)


6. When they are going to bed: "The Lord Your God is with you; he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, be will rejoice over you with singing." (Zephaniah 3:17)


7. While they are sleeping: "I pray that Kaileigh Shay, Emory Caron and Daniel Isaiah will do everything without complaining or arguing, so that they may become blameless and pure, a child of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which they shine like a star in the universe as we hold out the word of life-in order that they may boast on the day of Christ that he/she did not run or labor for nothing." (Adapted from Philippians 2:14-16)

No comments:

Blog Archive