Monday, September 29, 2008

The horrible, no good, terrible day

So,
this past weekend was Isaiah's 2nd Birthday party. I am not much of a birthday party person (although I love birthday's) but I always try to make my kids parties special and a big deal. So on friday we cleaned the house from top to bottom. Had to take the clothes to the laundromat because our dryer went out (and yes, that is really as much fun as it sounds), I was able to get the mickey mouse ears painted on Isaiah's wall and i painted the kids bathroom (had to cause the dogs tore off the wall paper and it looked horrible) needless to say I just collaped into bed.

Saturday was a mad rush. Kaileigh was a big help (and we took some time out to go to the public library mommy daughter style) Between picking up the cake and blowing up balloons and wrangling a two year old that would not take a nap I was still finishing my makeup when Mike came to set up the bounce house we got for the birthday boy. It wasnt long and it was up and kids were bouncing. The party was fun (or so I think) and the most important thing was that Isaiah had a blast. He got so many mickey mouse things he did'nt know what to do. I fulfilled a lifelong dream of getting to climb inside the bounce house and jump. Silly, I know, but I never want to jump in front of adults and look like the big kid I want to be. So it was a hoot for me.

Later on that day we were all in the car.......and the enguine blew. Smoke and oil were everywhere. So I am carless. I did not care too much for that car myself so I was thinking (in my head of course) I am getting an answered prayer. No more driving an almost mini-van (however much it looks like a mercedes, it was still just a chrysler) And Dan of course had a fit and yelled and slammed things. I honestly don't remember the last time I have had an oil change and I guess that had something to do with it. And at this point it would cost too much to fix so we are not even gonna try to do that. Basically, I am without transportation. And we are left with just Dan's car (and for those of you that have seen Dan's car you are laughing right about now) I think he was most upset because I was not upset. I know that there are people in the world that only have one car and they make it work. There are people who don't live in the kind of house I live in or have the healthy most of the time happy kids I have and I am still blessed. Things have a way of working out and yes it will be tough and yes I will be inconvienenced but it will work out and I will be okay. So I told him to just go hang out with his friends. I just wanted him anywhere but at home. So he did, he went somewhere (could'nt tell you where nor did I care at the time)The bounce house was still there at 8pm and by then it was dark. All 3 of the kids and I climbed in and that truly was the best part of the day. Just me and my kids laughing,jumping, chasing each other and falling down arms wrapped around each other.So what was supposed to be a terrible,no good horrible day turned out pretty darn good.

No comments: