Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Sometimes I just have to pinch myself life is so good

So, life around the Arrington household is getting fun. Not that it's not always fun but...well, okay, it's not always fun, but it is right now.
I love this time of year! When the leaves are changing, things start turning yellows and oranges and reds,the air is full of yummy smells like pumpkin and spice and you could go to a carnival or holiday party every weekend if you wanted to. I have already gotten SOME of my fall decorations out (much to my husbands amusement). From now until January my house will be festive and holiday-ish. I am a one hundred percent cheese when it comes to house decoration. I love every bit of it and heaven help one of my kids if they smoosh, break or destroy one of my treasured pumpkins, santa or christmas tree. What can I say, everybodies got their something (as soapnet says)
Kaileigh started guitar last night. She walked in wide eyed and mouth shut (so you know i was getting a kick out of it cause that kid never has her mouth shut) Her teachers name is Mike and he is in a band. Enough said on that I should think. I was amazed when after removing Isaiah from the bathtub, what did I hear from behind Kaileigh's closed bedroom door? The LOUD sounds of a person strumming a chord that was almost recognizable. I was so stinkin happy I opened the door and kissed her forehead. I had already told her that if she wanted this it was something she had to do on her own, I could'nt do it for her. And I would not nag her to practice. And she is (at least for now) As I closed the door behind me, Emory poked her head out of her door and said "what did you get us into mother?" rolled her eyes and closed her door before I could respond.
I love those kids and am kinda glad I am stuck with em!!!!

Isaiah's 2nd Birthday is this friday. I can't believe the way he is growing up so fast. Daniel has started asking him "what is your name" and he tries to say Isaiah (you can almost tell what he is trying to say now too) but when I ask him if his name is Isaiah he says "no" so then I will say "Is your name Daniel" and he says "yes". I always wanted him to know he was named after his daddy and that his legal name is Daniel Isaiah (and that we just call him Isaiah to not get confused) so I started telling him that a long time ago so he would just be used to it. But maybe he is just thinking I am a crack head because Daniel calls him Isaiah and I call him Daniel. Maybe he just thinks I am mixing him up with his daddy and I don't really know his name.
Anyway, we have presents for him this friday and I will do cupcakes at school and then a cake at home (excessive I know but I can't help it) and then his party is on the 27th. Kid parties are kinda a touchy subject with me. I have some really close friends that come to every kids party I throw, which blows my mind. They come to my kids parties even when their kids are not the same age (and some of them don't even have kids at all and still come). I get very emotional when people support my kids. That means they really do care about me, because my kids are the most important thing to me and what person doesnt want their kids to have an amazing birthday party? And having people show up to your birthday party makes that kid feel like they are supported. I have stopped going to friends kids parties that don't come to mine. I used to go to every party that we were invited to, no matter the trouble or stress it caused me because I do believe in supporting others. But I had such a bad attitude that they did'nt come and support my kids so I just stopped going. Less stress and less bad attitude (and we all need less of my bad attitude trust me on that one) So now we have lots of fun at the parties we go to, and I try to make our parties fun since I know everyone there wants to be there. Petty I know but oh well, it's my life to be petty with.
Work is crazy busy. I am trying to get our ceramic art studio up and running (right now it is just sitting there being unused), We have a Sample Sale, Mini Grand Prix, Texas Hold Em,Chicks N Chili, and we have started planning for next years Golf Tournament. Sometimes I can't believe I am in charge of all of this and I get overwhelmed but I love my supervisor and where I work and have TONS of help so it's not that bad. This has been a really long blog and I still have more to talk about so I will post again later,

Hope your day is going as good as mine, that white chocolate mocha from caffinity really was a good morning motivator!!!

No comments: