Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Power of Friendship

Okay, so I must admit when I started to blog I did it because sometimes I just need to get it all out. But it was always to the same people and I was sick of saying it out loud and sometimes it is easier for me to write what is in my head and heart. So this was my outlet. To vent,dream,rant,praise,love,hurt,need,shine and just be me. Unjudged and uninterrupted.
Today I found out mostly by accident that an old friend reads my blog. That really made my day, because honestly I did'nt think anyone really read it. Which is okay with me because I do it purely to get it all out there. Not because I want someone to read it or even care what I have to say.
So thank you for taking the time to care about what I have to say and for reading my thoughts. I hope at least sometime they are as entertaining to you as it is to me to be living them.

Onto my thoughts on friendship and old friends. One of the things I like about facebook and myspace (and yes, I am a nerd and have both) is the ability to reconnect. To find the old and make the new. I love that my friends each serve their own purpose and have their own reason to be my friend. I can laugh with my Greenwood Girls and Make fun of my time in Ft. Smith. I rely on my Co-parent (sometimes too heavily but I know she would have it no other way) and I dream and cry and vent with my bestie. Each one is special and unique and I treasure them all. As for my old friends that I have lost touch with. I am sad about that. I miss a certain few and wish I wasnt so stubborn and had more time in the day to call her. It is kinda one of those things where it has been so long that I really don't know what I would say and if she would have anything to say to me. Guess I will put that on my wish list that I wish she would call me. (like anything is ever that easy) Anyway, I guess the point of all of this is that I am so blessed to have the friends in my life that are there. Did I make some mistakes or bad choices in friends yes, Did I have to walk away a few times because it just wasnt healthy-yes, Was I just plain in the wrong and too immature and proud to admit it and say "I AM SORRY"-okay,guilty, but like I say all the time I am a work in progress. So maybe there is hope for finding our way back to being freinds??

No comments: