Thursday, September 18, 2008

Spanish Heritage Month

Tonight we had an event at one of the four clubs I do special events for and even though it was not one of my events that I planned I wanted to go and support the club. It was so neat to go watch, and I was glad I took the time to go (even though I had to force myself to go and not cop out like I tried to all day). I am learning that even just volunteering your time can be enough to help out at an event. To the people that are doing it for the right reasons anyway.
This was a celebration for Spanish Heritage Month and it featured exhibits and food from other Spanish countries as well as a series of acts highlighting great achievements made by Hispanic people. I would like to think I am cultured and not prejudiced but that would be a half truth. I am in some (Okay, alot of ways, and this was one way I felt like I could work on that. I took Kaileigh and we got to taste food we NEVER would have come across in our everyday life. And these two little boys (I say little but they were prob. 10 or 13) danced to the Chris Brown song Forever which is not hispanic, but they had infused Spanish moves to a hip hop beat and I could not help myself thinking how proud I was to be working for an organization that not only gives these kids the chance to get up in front of their families and perform talents that they had been working on (and on their own I might add) but it is also an organization that says we recognize that you are not exactly like us and we celebrate that.

In other Arrington life, tommorrow is the big day. Isaiah is the big two years old.I ordered his Mickey Mouse Cake and can't wait to see him tear into it. I stopped for a second earlier (like I do often) and told God thank you so much for letting me be able to have this one more day with my kids. I hope not one person ever thinks that I take for granted my healthy, crazy obnoxious kids. I know there are many mommies and daddies that wish so desperately for the treasured moments that I will never take for granted!! I truly am blessed and don't I know it!
And as for Daniel Isaiah, I am so stinkin in love with that little boy.....almost makes me want another one. I did say almost did'nt I? LOL. I am now off to bed where my benedryl hopefully kicks in soon and I sleep so hard that when it is time to get up this stuff in my nose will have dried up. I know. TMI. Isnt that what blogs are for?

No comments: