Friday, September 26, 2008

Just another crazy friday

Okay, so I am venting and forgive me but you can easily forgive me by clicking off and not reading my blog. This one is mostly about grandparents (and not my parents by the way). So I finally let emory go with her grandparents. They picked her up at the club after school and I picked her back up at 8:30 (which is her bedtime but I was being nice and praying it did not bite me in the butt later). I get her back and she has this new green vest on (???!!!??) She is carrying a new "my little petshop" playhouse and animals to go with it and doesnt want to come with mean-old, make me clean my room and go to bed mommy. So I drag her to the car and tell them thanks (Silently in my head I add.... for nothing) and we start the LONG trip back to Bentonville. On the way home we pass Red Lobster and what does Emory tell me, that they ate dinner there. Okay, so now I am kinda ticked. In one day they have taken her to buy a toy (that was already promised to her if she got her happy face stickers on her behavior chart at school) and out to eat at the place that was promised if she got her stickers on her chart at home. So in one fail swoop she has learned she doesnt have to work for anything if she gets to go with grandma and pawpaw. Thanks for that. How do I teach her anything when her grandparents are gonna go right behind me and teach her the easy way is right there too. And how do I tell them that while I know that they are trying to give her things, this is not the way. Consistency and Teaching and being in her life for more than one day a month is a good start. And stressing to her father to take care of her financially and emotionally is a really good start. I know the whole baby daddy issue is really tired. Everyone has a story and a complaint and automatically the mommy is crazy for even saying anything, but it just breaks my heart. It isnt fair and sometimes I just have to say that out loud. I know in my head that it is easier for her to not be around them and all. But I am the one that feels guilty if I tell them (him included) no. ugh. do I know how to pick em or what.I feel better now I can move on and get back to focus on what is important. them and that issue not being one of the things that are important.

Last night as I was waiting for Emory's grandparents to show up with her I started getting texts from an old friend. I was really shocked by what she had to say and kindof relieved to hear it. It is like all the hurtful and negativity kinda melted and I am excited to see what happens. I told her I really thought I needed to go through this rough patch. I learn best by heartache, as sad as that is to say. But if you can hold on until I get back on track I always come back bigger and better. That is one good thing (I think) I have learned how to do, to land on my feet. And there is nothging worse than losing touch or falling out with a close friend. So the relief I feel that this was not the end is overwhelming.but in a good way. So we will see what happens, hopefully more mayhem and margaritas cause that girl is a blast!
I was actually juggling two text conversations at once (Alicia was taunting me about missing the first half of Grey's Anatomy. but don't fear my DVR saved the day again and I was able to catch up)I really wasnt as impressed as I have been, but like I told Alicia. there is always two weeks from now.

This has gotten long and I have events to plan so I am gonna get to work. Have a great day guys!!!!

No comments: