Sunday, September 07, 2008

Being an Impactful person

I was more proud of myself than I should be that I made it to church three Sundays in a row, but what can I say. You go so long without going and then it becomes the norm. I want to make a new norm. When I just go every sunday and don't know how many sundays in a row it's been because I have been going for so long I could'nt even count that far back. Anyway, I am rambling and I need to get back on track.

Today's message was relevant to me because it was on- the need to be a high impact,low maintenence person. I really liked the definition for IMPACT (as it was presented to me it means the following)

I~inspiration
M~motivation
P~participation
A~application
C~connection
T~transformation

You will never motivate others untill you inspire them. You can only impact if you participate and apply the teaching of the one you have connected with. We are not conformers we should be transformers. To be a christian is not for the weak. You have to be strong in spirit because the flesh is weak. Line up your flesh with your spirit.

Okay, so that was the extremely condensed version of a (sometimes) VERY long sermon that almost lost me a couple of times but the overall message touched me. I want to be an impactful person. I always have been that way of thinking. But I always thought i would touch people because i was a no-holds barred, pull no punches, tell it like it is person. I thought people would respect me and want to be around me cause I told it the way it is. I got in lots of fights and told lots of people what everyone thought of them. But I realize now that really all I was being was a b*tch. I don't know any other way to say that accept to use that word. And that is not an excuse or cop out. I did'nt know what the word meant and I did'nt know that was not a badge of honor. Now my biggest badge of honor is the smiles on the faces of my three healthy and crazy kids. I love every minute of my life and all the lessons I have had to learn (albeit the hard way) to get to where I am.

No comments: