Monday, March 22, 2010

Friend Makin Mondays

Friend Makin Monday:: Spring!


Have not done this in awhile so I decided to participate today....arent I just the bloggy overachiever today..(does this make up for my slacking?? please say yes)

Welcome back to another week of Friend Makin Monday!! Friend Makin Mondays is a fun post that really just connects people through a series of random questions or thoughts from me to you. For more information visit Amber in all her fabulous-ness here


and so we shall begin.....Today's post is about SPRING (Don't the pretty colors make you feel all light and breezy already?) wish I could say I am joining you but seeing as snow has been falling all weekend I am having to pretend....

1. Favorite things about Spring:

I love green things growing, windows down and happy music played wayyy to loud. I love capri pants, flip flops and being able to take outdoor pics of the dreamer, the diva, and the prince.


sitting on our favorite place in the world. Our trampoline

The belly laughs this kid emits when she is carefree and enjoying herself fills the park and my heart...



right now they actually like each other for the most part. and I love seeing them playing together.



2. What I'm doing for Spring Break:

I am thinking that it needs to have a name change. Cause really guys, what the heck am I getting a break from? It should be called something else. Cause all I can think of is how I want to scream
YES,,,I NEED A BREAK!!







3. Favorite Spring flower:

I have severe allergies and horrible asthma. So While I love spring. I REALLY HATE IT. And I have no concept of what season what flower grows in. Sorry to let you down. I just don't care enough to research it. Ask me how to seperate laundry or how to tell if your dog is pregnant again for the fourth time and I can help you out. flowers. not so much! I do love Lili's and Iris' Does that count?


4. Do you have a garden?

I have the mess of greenery and neglected weeks that the owners before me so lovingly spent their sweat on and I destroyed. It is on the to do list. Right after learning to change the oil...Not to bright a prospect for that one.


5. If so, what do you grow.

Here at our house we grow babies and puppies. And hopefully I am done "growing" the number of  both and can just focus on the pleanty that I have.

6. Do you do Spring cleaning?

I would like to say that I do. I do have a to do list with lots of spring cleaning on it. That does not mean it gets done on a regular basis. I did do ALL my laundry today as well as take everything out of the fridge, clean out closets and wipe down baseboards. Does that count?



7. What is your weather *really* like right now? {Just b/c it's "officially" spring, doesn't mean that it feels like it for some of you}


see below






8. Snapped any weather related photos lately? Share one with us!


HAPPY SPRING FROM ARKANSAS!


9. What's your favorite thing to do on a sunny afternoon?

There is a park close to our house and I love to walk (and pretend to run) it is freeing and theraputic to turn on a fast upbeat song and just not think about all that I have to do. Nights are spent on the trampoline unwinding. mellow music, fireflies and a glass of Lambrusco.

10. Favorite TV show right now?

I love so many it's hard to list them all. Some favs right now are Jessica Simpson's Price of Beauty, General Hospital, Kendra, Bad Girls Club, Nancy Grace, Gene Simmons Family Jewels and so many others.



post signature

2 comments:

Don said...

I feel you on the parks, I love the park myself especially when the weather is good and enjoyable. I also feel you on ask me anything except about flowers.

No way it's snowing in Arkansas this time of the year. LOL! That has to be an older pic?

Nice to blog meet you, Don. I ran across your blog due to my blogger female friend who lives in Arkansas, as well.

Gina/Rustown Mom said...

Too funny - I'm with you, sister, on the Spring break thing - this week I am doing my Dance of Joy and actually gettin' some stuff done. I make lists, which work for me cause I'm so scatterbrained. Sometimes the list gets done, sometimes not. But it helps me feel I'm accomplishing something!