Tuesday, March 31, 2009

thank you Nola's friend

i went to my friend Nola's blog and intended to leave her a comment for her 150th post but was really overwhelmed by the poem her guest blogger posted. How delicate and loving it is, really the definition of the kind of mommy i want to be remembered as being (verses the complicated, crying, sad mommy i am right now) and it really touched my heart. Made me go kiss by babies and tell them i am here and i will be the best mommy i know how to be....despite myself.




TEA FOR THREE


Come and sit with me and we'll have tea
And talk of things that were and things that are to be
Of places we will go and things that we will see
Just the two of us
My dear daughter and me


A little wooden table
With chairs for two, not three
Yes, of course you may bring your bear
And place him on my knee.
No longer just the two of us
It's tea for three, I see
My dear daughter, the bedraggled bear and me


The years passed by and you grew up
Framed in memory, I still see
Cherub hands dimpled daintily, clutching ivory cup of tea
Twinkle laughter owns the moment
Baby faced and full of glee
Starshine dusted by the angels
Oh, God's precious gift to me!


If I live to be a hundred
I shall never richer be
Then when I shared your dazzling presence
And together we sipped tea.
My dear Daughter, the bedraggled bear, and Me!
~ Lee Scott




post signature

1 comment:

Jess said...

Oh, that brought tears to my eyes!
I needed that.
I am not being the mommy I want to be and I need to change that right now!