Thursday, March 12, 2009

didn't see this one coming

As a teen mommy myself it comes as no big suprise for me to read this story just now. I will reserve judgement and comment and keep it to myself (as much as i dislike Sarah and would love to sing na na na na na na i won't)here is said story:

Alaska (March 11) — Bristol Palin, the teenage daughter of Gov. Sarah Palin, has split from her fiance Levi Johnston, who is the father of her 2-month-old baby.
Johnston, 19, told The Associated Press on Wednesday that he and 18-year-old Bristol Palin mutually decided "a while ago" to end their relationship. He declined to elaborate as he stood outside his family's home in Wasilla, about 40 miles north of Anchorage.
Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin's teen daughter Bristol has called it quits with Levi Johnston, the father of her 2-month-old son. Johnston said on Wednesday that the couple, shown here at the Republican National Convention in September, mutually decided "a while ago" to go their separate ways.
He also said some details of the breakup, rumors of which had been swirling on the Internet, were inaccurate.
Bristol Palin said in a statement issued through a spokeswoman for her mother's political action committee that she was "devastated."
"Unfortunately, my family has seen many people say and do many things to 'cash in' on the Palin name," she said. "Sometimes that greed clouds good judgment and the truth."
SarahPAC spokeswoman Meghan Stapleton did not immediately respond to requests for clarification.


The two teens are the parents of a boy named Tripp, who was born Dec. 27.
Sarah Palin revealed her daughter's pregnancy just days after being named John McCain's running mate on the Republican presidential ticket.
In an interview that aired on Fox News last month, Bristol Palin said her fiance saw the baby every day and described him as a "hands-on" dad.
The two had said they were considering a summer wedding.
It's unclear what led to the split. "It kind of just happened," a source close to the couple told PEOPLE. "I thought they would stick it out. But I think they can work together to raise Tripp."
Levi Johnson's dad, Keith Johnston, recently told the magazine that his son is a devoted and "proud father."


i really enjoyed the part about greed clouding good judgement.....hmmmmm?? was she talking about her ex or her mom? oh wait, i said i would not express palin opinions here so retract that last statement. in other news. really ticked my tv did not record the last few seconds of Grey's. so now i have to watch it online. ugh. thank heavens tomorrow is friday




post signature

2 comments:

Tricia Nugen said...

Hi Wendy!
I am not a teen mom but I too was totally having the same problem! Not singing the nanananana song! My devil horns came out and I did give a little chuckle! I love your blog and I'm glad someone else felt the same as I. Happy POW!

Alexia said...

It doesn't surprise me that they broke up, having the media in your face 24/7 (if he really wanted to marry Bristol) would be hard and if all he wanted was the media attention, than it makes sense that he would break up with her to get more attention. Either way, it's too bad. Sometimes I get sick of how "in your business" tv is - it must suck to have everyone talking about your life and what you did or didn't do wrong.