Wednesday, March 11, 2009

FAVORITE THINGS SWAP

So awhile back I participated in the most fun little pick me up courtesy of my friend SARAH over at IT MIGHT SEEM CRAZY BUT WE CALL IT LIFE(the name kindof stuck out to me, clever don't you think?) so anyways, she had this fun little swap idea and i decided to do one of my own.
here are the guidelines she used and if something is not broken, why fix it. here is what she says.....

It's cold and in some places snowy outside.. everybody is waiting on spring.... how about something fun to do. Besides what girl doesn't like shopping and receiving packages!
Favorite Things Swap
This swap will work a little different then the last one. Below is all of the info needed!
1)Leave a comment informing me that you have joined the swap. The sign-up deadline will be March 25th

2) Send me an e-mail wendyiarrington@yahoo.com with the following information

Name, mailing address, blog address, e-mail address,

3) Purchase 4-6 things that are your favorite and put them in a box

Ideas: Book, magazine, food, make-up, recipe, notecards, pen, gum, candle, chocolate, coffee, nail polish, lotion, kitchen tool, .......

4) You will receive an e-mail from me with your swap partner and all of her information

5)Delivery date for packages April 10th

please make sure it's postmarked by the April 7th so your partner gets her box on time


If you want post about the giveaway on your blog so more people can join in on the fun!

The more the merrier. I did this in January and it was a complete blast. My partner was Jenny over at The McClure Family I got cool things like soft lips, a groovy chic scarf that my 11 yr old tried to confiscate, a spoon from Texas (i collect them stop laughing), a cookie cutter that cuts the crusts off my sandwhichs (BIGGG hit with Emory we use it almost everyday), some neat scrapbooking stuff, and then I got a pack of reuseable tote bags and a living green for dummies book (two things I never would have bought for myself but really am learning to enjoy them)

what was funny to me was that she included a postcard from Texas (and i sent her one from Arkansas with out even knowing we had the same idea) i made her a cd, and had to include carmex which i am addicted to. i put some other little things in there and it was so much fun to do. I would say about $20 to $25 is good and you should include things you love and it doesnt have to be about the money, it should be about the thought. a used copy of your favorite book, a recipe, a postcard with a cool or inspiring quote, a magnet. so many fun things that you can include and i can tell you first hand IT DOES MAKE YOUR DAY.
so send me your info and then pass the word around.What a great way to make bloggy friends! Sarah had 40 people in her swap how fun is that!







post signature

1 comment:

Nola said...

gosh, it feels like ages since i came over to say hello. i love your ten top list....see, i said it would pass and it did.
you are a very cool lady - now go tell yourself in the mirror, then tell yourself that you have three of the most GORGEOUS kids - complete heartbreakers....and yip- Emory is going to keep you on your toes!!!!!!
Love
Nola
XXX