Tuesday, December 23, 2008

blackberries, Sam and Jason and some dang UGG boots

UGG BOOTS Pictures, Images and Photos
yes, I have a picture of boots on my blog. This picture is in my mind while I am a awake. It haunts my mind while I am asleep. I hate this picture that won't leave my thoughts and if I see another pair of UGG boots after this holiday season I don't know if I can stop myself from throwing up on the poor person wearing them.Let me explain the origin of my work discomfort.

you see, my club did a fundraising sale where we had some nice ladies come out and take orders for boots. You pre-paid for the boots that day, they ordered them, and as soon as they came in you could pick them up at the club. We recieved (or will recieve soon) a donation from the ladies for hosting the sale. All was fine and dandy until.....

united states post office Pictures, Images and Photos

Our United States Postal System at it's finest!!!! Someone there in customs decided to confiscate the boots and hold them in customs, checking each box to make sure we were not smuggling in antrhax or Sars or crack or something else.

So, enter 200 plus irate-paying boot enthusiasts screaming for their brown boxs containing what they believe to be wool gold.I don't have much to tell them which is not making me popular around here right now.

Halfway through the day my boss calls and ask if I can meet him at AT&T. I thought hmm....maybe it is for a donation for one of our upcoming events,or a club sponsorship request, so I stop with the boots for a minute and head that way. When to my extreme pleasure I find we are there to get my new work phone. (cue choir ladies singing LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA)

BlackBerry Curve VI Pictures, Images and Photos
Okay, so I had to return back to the boots, but I don't care cause I have a blackberry...now if I can only figure out how to work the thing.

I made it through my work day and in a drained daze arrived home. I sat down on my candy cane and ritz cracker stained couch and begin the process of going through and catching up on my DVR'd shows this being my favorite (well,that and Nancy Grace)
general hospital Pictures, Images and Photos

I got through the episode thinking it was about time to hit the sack when what did I see on the preview for this week.....SAM AND JASON ARE GETTING BACK TOGETHER.
sam-jason Pictures, Images and Photos

Praise the script writing genius who made this plot line possible. Forget my worries over the threat of terrorism or finding world peace, all is right in my world again.


First a bunch of boot chaos over some UGGly shoes, a blackberry that I can't operate and then Sam and Jason,What a day, what a day.



1 comment:

Small Town Girl said...

I love this I need a new phone so when you figure out how to use it tell me if you like it and if that should be my next phone to get oh and the G.H. love that watch it every day I will set the record button for sure to see what is going to happen love to read your blog always a great one!!