Monday, November 08, 2010

Writer's Workshop (three weeks in a row, how you like me now)

Mama's Losin' It
I have been on a roll today! Well, as far as blogging goes, not much else got accomplished but that is okay beause what is more important than spouting off several posts worth of absolutely meaningless banter when you have, say, five loads of laundry to do, the fish AND turtle water to change, and a four year old screaming "i wanna watch michael shackson (video's on youtube)".

see, I told you. blogging wins!

anyhoo, time for the concept. blah,blah,blah...or for more detailed instructions visit HERE



The Prompts for this week:



1.) Describe a moment when you ignored your intuition. What happened.


2.) What are your confessions? (inspired by Usher)


3.) A time when you stuck up for a friend.


4.) Something you wish you hadn't put off til the last minute.


5.) Sarah Silverman once gave an interview where she described her childhood depression as feeling homesick while at home. How would you describe it?

And since I have all this free time, and because I feel better about myself when I do more than one prompt I am writing about 2 and 3...





WHAT ARE YOUR CONFESSIONS?
  • that i can't help but sorting my candy by color and eating it by two's. i throw the lone candy piece away, and i eat them starting with darkest color and ending with the lightest
  • that i have only voted once in my entire life and that was this past presidential election...
  • that my mom buys me shirts with puffy paint designs (or makes them herself) and i keep them and wear them so she will feel appreciated (but only when i know i am not leaving her house so NOONE will ever see me) and since i am the family photographer there is no photographic evidence..
  • that when we moved i just opened the door and let the two poop machines stray cats that i never agreed to keep, run out the door and into the field across the street. i did NOT in fact give them to an elderly older couple that may or may not live down the street (a fact my diva questioned because "ive been up and down this street and never seen no old people") regardless, until my dreamer reads my blog and rats me out that is my story and i'm sticking to it.
so there you have it, my confessions....(at least the ones I'll admit to)


AND NOW ITS TIME FOR A BRIEF INTERMISSION...have I told you that my son LOVES.MICHAEL.JACKSON (we are on day seven of wearing the jacket)





And now back to your regualrly scheduled post.

RECALL A TIME YOU STUCK UP FOR A FRIEND
 The time I stuck up for myself er, a friend. Okay, so it was more me than my friend....See, I went to this elementary school where us girls were fiercely competitive of solos come time for the Spring Play. and I will admit that me and my clique were quite the thespians and we usually scored all the good parts. One time (at band camp)

just kidding... one time in the sixth grade BECKY BECKWERTH (names have been changed to protect the identities of the guilty parties) decided she was gonna pick on us. Well, seeing as I was the patrol captain at the time this was not a very smooth move on her part, because I of course reported her to Mr. Walker for not obeying the cross walk guards and.... not only that, but I decided to confront her after school one day at the big flag pool.

the conversation went a little like this;

Me; You need to leave me and my friends alone and stop talking about us.

Becky; You guys just think your hot stuff and your really not. oh, and You sing bad.

Me; Well, your breath is bad so get out of my face.

DID I STOP THERE? NO. DID I JUST ACT LIKE THE BIGGER PERSON AND JUST WALK AWAY? NO. IT WAS AT THIS POINT THAT I MOVED IN FOR THE KILL...

Me; You know what? You are a bully and you are just jealous because the only thing you can do better than us is bounce higher...



*okay, so i forgot to mention that I had the skinniest chicken legs that ever anyone saw. And Becky...well, she did not. In fact, it was common knowledge she would threaten to sit on you if you messed with her. So as soon as that came out of my mouth I ran.

yes, I ran.


shut her up real quick though...she never picked on me (or invited me to her super cool boy/girl bithday parties) after that.......





post signature

1 comment:

Don said...

Hilarious.

Interesting that you'd blog about your son's love of Michael Jackson seeing as how I enjoyed a good Twitter discussion earlier, concerning old Michael Jackson songs, videos, Pepsi commercial.

Magical, the ability of Michael Shackson to touch entirely different generations.


You might have had skinny legs but you definitely knew when it was time to run! Lol.