Monday, November 01, 2010

Halloween 2011

In my zest to re-acquaint myself with my favorite forgotten bloggy haunts (okay, cornball I know but it's that time of year, I could not resist) I can't believe all that I did NOT do this year. Now don't get me wrong. We made spiders out of suckers (black pipe cleaners wrapped around the big fat suckers with the tootsie roll in the middle of it topped off with two googly eyes) for the diva's class party. We  went to our town pumpkin patch, we did carve a pumpkin and put clingy black cats, spiders and pumpkins on the windows and black spider webs over the door. We did the whole Fall carnival and trick or treat thing too and this year we got to go with my parents. But I just wasnt into it like I should have been. So I have now armed myself with all sorts of ideas so that next year will be different. Most of my ideas I found here.

which can be found if you go here     I have found SO many nifty ideas and tips, if you get a second go check it out...

This idea  on how to make a homemade skeleton made out of paper plates is adoreable... My kids are forever cutting up this magazine and that piece of mail so how shocked will they be when I actually give them plates to make art out of..it's genius


While I'm thinking of the kids no Halloween would be complete without the carving of the pumpkin. Every year we wing it and our pumpkins truly are scary looking but not for the reasons my eager children are hoping for..So next year I plan to have some kind of idea  for templates ready and sure to please. I picked traditional themes, although I added one that my the diva and the prince especially will be "thrilled" to have sitting on our porch, and while I would love to take credit for it that idea I can't...


(Michael Jackson Thriller pumpkin)



and then I scrolled down and a lightbulb went off in my mind. Being the creative mommy that I am, and having never missed a class party, I'm always on the look out for ways to impress the other mommy's provide cute, new holiday party fun for my kids at school. How fun does this idea look... It's fortune candy's with a cute fortune for the unwrapper.



I do feel bad, I have been a very bad neighbor this year and while that is no excuse next year I will not disappoint.. I found this cute version of the "you've been boo'd" concept so I decided to include this idea on here as well. You can never be too prepared and I might as well have all my ideas in one place.



Good thing my favorite holiday is Christmas, I am gonna need a few months to recover from all of this. It is making me tired just thinking about it. Good thing I have a whole year to prepare...

post signature

1 comment:

Don said...

I too wasn't really up for the Halloween festivities, probably because I have no young kids thus no excitement to share. There were a few young relatives with whom I ended up at a trick-o-treat thing, but the entire time I was ready to go.

Agreed. Paper plate skeleton idea is genius and it looks like Halloween '11 will be one of your best, from these various ideas.