Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentines Day

i have never been that girl that needs a man. Most of the time i am the girl that doesnt even want a man.

my daddy has spoiled me rotten for most of my life (hmmm maybe i can start blaming him for all of my life's failures)

just kidding. he is amazing.

so usually on this day that is all things love, i have never really been into it. could care less if i did have a "valentine" to share it with and if i did could care less what he got me (or "if" he got me something)

fast forward to today. All in all a good day. i have been sick with a cold (think it was that midnight cemetary visit last friday night) but that is beside the point. ive been sick. today i was not.

so that meant last minute gift buying for the dreamer, the diva and the prince. Along with the balloons that will deflate and candy they don't need....We had settled on crab legs, homemade chocolate covered strawberries, and making cards for each other...

when it comes down to it, it's not about how I feel about the holidays. it's about my babies. How they grow up and view these days are a reflection of how i raise them to view them. Taking advantage of a special day to tell someone you care about them has no direct relevance to how much you spend on them. It's about how you treat them.

i hope they grow up to treat each other with love and kindness and thoughtfulness...


so they were not the prettiest, but they were the yummiest (we used Ghiradelli mint chocolate)...i think that's how you spell that word.


The inside of the diva's card to me said "Roses are red, Violets are blue, I can't wait to hug and kiss you"...


I have this new thing for tulips..want to fill my front yard full of em. and not only did i buy some for myself today but my mom and dad brought me some too...


the most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and let it come back in
~Morrie Schwartz


post signature

No comments: