Sunday, April 19, 2009

doing my part to go green

i had this crazy idea that buying new stuff for when i move into my new house would help get me out of this funk i was in. So i went to Wal-mart and spent money i do not have on new bedding for the kids (cause they do need it, and that does not count as spending money on myself right?) i decided since i am starting over i am going to try to start new habits. and what better habit than to go green (i feel like kate on Jon & Kate plus 8, minus 5 kids and the HUGE house and tv cameras)The bedding is 100% organic cotton designed to sustain the health of my kids and our planet. pretty snazzy sounding huh! That they are adorable and were on sale played little part in my splurge :)

my first ever green purchase was this and i can't wait until my youngest 2 kids are forced to share a room cause their beds will be so dang cute.

this is Emory's bedding



close up of the design



and this is little mans bedding



close up of his design




what i love most is that it is not matchy matchy, which i tend to do. I just want their room to be a place they want to go hang out (and i would not be able to come up with descriptive words for how i would feel if they would actually SLEEP there!!!) it's a good thing they like each other though cause if my older daughter had to share a room with anyone other than her Twilight posters it would alter the course of her life, she would start wearing black, have every piercing she could and blame me for ruining her life....... she is sooo my child.

but anyways, now i have the bedding. just gotta find the house. wish me luck K











post signature

1 comment:

AmberW said...

I think this is a GREAT idea!
I went out and spent money that I didn't have either when I moved out - all new stuff for the house. Didn't leave with an item I owned. It was a wonderful fresh start!
Good luck on the house hunting lovely lady!