Friday, May 29, 2009

no, i am not dead

so, it has really been since the 19th since i have posted last. i won't count how many days exactly that has been....but it has been a long dang time i know.

and it was not by choice, let me tell you. i have moved into my newly divorced pad, and it's a good thing i don't listen to my parents anymore (like i ever did) but my dad's response upon the first inspection of my new paradise was to comment "well, you've lived in worse places"
hmphhhh.... some people have no vision of greatness to come.

me on the other hand, i am inspired by all the blood, sweat and money that will have to poured into this place to have it where i invision it to be.

it's an old farmhouse with a back yard so big only a lawn boy charging by the hour could lust over. it has crown molding and shelving and original REAL (not laminate) wood flooring and best of all........4 BEDROOMS (not that it will keep the munchkins out of my bed) but still, I am pumped. It has character and i just feel like it is a good place to start my new chapter in life and to hell with snotty comments from people that don't have to live here. go back to your own boring house and talk all you want.

my neighbors are my landlords (hahahaha) they have lived on this block for 42 MARRIED years, which will tell you how old they are, and they are just as cute as can be. the chicken houses down the street are not so cute but hey, it only smells at night. :)

so any way, i know i have been awol for awhile so i have a LOT of catching up to do. thank you NOLA for reminding me why i adore you so much, it's nice to know i was missed :) and pictures are forthcoming

post signature

1 comment:

Nola said...

ha ha well I am glad a one line email elicits a post! Congrats on your new home, and I am sure you will make it gorgeous for the kids - how are they? and take some photos please!!!
XXXXX