Monday, May 04, 2009

Friend Making Mondays...man I just did this post

Today Friend Makin Mondays is being guest hosted by Amber over at AEFILKINS


and here is what she wants to know (oh yeah, if you don't know what FMM is by now visit Kasey @ ALL THAT IS GOOD to get the scoop.)




Name 5 toys that remind you of your childhood:





Which is not as easy as it looks when you want to be original and creative (and everyone else already did their posts a million hours ago, cause I don't get off of work till 6pm now. sniff) so bear with me as I try to be clever.



okay, so once I got started I could not stop, this was a fun one


here we go




NUMBER 1. ahhhh. many happy hours were spent playing with my brothers He-Man "Masters of the Universe" toys. I was not so into She-Ra for some reason just the man with the silver breastplate fighting off Skeletor and Snake Mountain. good times good times. Heck, I even saw the movie




NUMBER 2 is my good ol pogo ball



that is until the air all went out of it and I twisted my ankle on the dang thing.

NUMBER 3 still gives me goosebumps when I think of that freaky electronic sound but I loved my Simon game all the same



NUMBER 4 is my PRE-Tetris obsession ATARI (imagine if you could have taken that into the bathroom like I can my gameboy. I could have skipped Jr. High and just been so less worse for the wear )



and no list of my favorite childhood toys would be complete without the good old lite bright




many happy hours were spent spelling out naughty words aimed at my mom for making me go to bed at 8:30 (AND I WAS 14), or for not letting me watch 90210 (altough I did it anyway), having to wear identical matching dresses she made me and my sister to church all the time, and who could forget the hideous yellow shag carpet and sunflower wallpaper (that if I had my choice I would use in my room in a heart beat now!!!) ah the pain....I mean joys of childhood. This trip down memory lane sure was swell.....:)







post signature

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great list- I played He-Man with my brothers too- they always wanted to kill my Barbies though....

Have a super week!

~Becca

Tanielle said...

Love lite bright, my kids still play with my old one!!! Great list!!

Small Town Girl said...

What a great list Wendy! I sure so remember Simon as well as your others on your list. And you just have to love you some of light bright!!

Lins said...

Yep. He-Man (and She-Ra) were good stuff! Fun list!

Lins @ goodbyemartha.blogspot.com