Monday, August 20, 2012

Over You


Today is a meloncholy one for me. I never know what is going to trigger it or how it's going to manifest itself, but Last night The Linda's and I (and I will have to blog on who the Linda's are another time) started texting back and forth about the upcoming anniversay of the day we lost our friend to cancer two years ago. It reminded me of another little guy that touched my life and the five years it's been since he has been in heaven as well. and then of course my thoughts turned to Leon. How it's only been 8 months but at times it feels like 8 seconds and others its 8 years.

Does time really heal all wounds?

Tonight my bestest partner in laughs and I are going to see Miranda Lambert. While I love her and I do mean LOVE her (Gunpowder and Lead is my go to she-woman song) she also sings a song that always brings me to my knees.



When Leon died of course all the songs we used to play over and over in high school ran throuh my head. Our first song, the songs we danced to at prom, the song we played at graduation and the song that was on the radio the day he pulled over in the First National Bank parking lot to ask me to marry him (he had just bought the ring and was so excited he had to give it to me right then and there in the middle of one of his Mazzio's Pizza deliveries) young love is so powerful and even as the passing of years and the fighting and bitterness set in there is something about sharing so much history with someone that for someone like me a song brings it all back like none of the bad happened. 16 years ago I never saw the time when I would be sitting on my bed and hear this song and lose it. The song talks about December (Leon died December 1) and I heard the song for the first time in Feb (which is also in the song)  I never thought something like this would pertain to me. And I never thought my heart would rebreak each and every time I hear our 15 yr old daughter singing it in the shower crying for a whole different kind of heartbreak....




"it really sinks in, you know, when i see it....in stone"
post signature

No comments: