Wednesday, April 06, 2011

How i heart the man in my life....

Isaiah, stretches out his long slender arms. The yellow Bob Bob (his word for Spongebob) jammy jams (our word for worn out footed pjs worn year round in our house) lifts up slightly revealing the sweet smelling tummy that I motorboat every morning.

Without fail, his still sleepy eyes open for me and a huge smile spreads across his face. He looks so dreamy as he says "your the best mommy ever. i'm so proud of you"

I take that as a compliment because it is what is say to him when i give him my highest praise. your the best baby boy ever. i'm so proud of you.

He is not yet jaded enough to know that you shouldnt say that all the time because it loses its meaning the more you say something. It reminds me of the first time young lovers promise their undying devotion. Six months later (if they are still together) those words have lost their luster. lost their ability to take the others breath away...

When he says it though, morning after morning after morning.....he can still take my breath away.

I know that someday soon he will put all this boyhood fantasies of marrying his mommy away. Instead I will be replaced by video games and gross things like farting noises made with his armpits. My baby blues will not be the eyes he gazes into and my cheeks will not be the only one to recieve his token of affection.

There is something to be said for a love between a mother and her son. Not to take away the love that I share with my dreamer and my diva but this boy (other than my dadddy) has my heart in ways that I dont even think I could articulate.

Like the smell of coffee when you are trying to wake up, Like the smell of clean laundry and fresh flowers, like a butterscotch candy someone offered you from out of the blue, or the whiff of that just washed baby smell you get when you hold a baby for the first time...

pure, innocent, love.....this is my baby boy

post signature

No comments: