Saturday, February 20, 2010

a night out with me and my humans

So tonight, all newly single and all i decided to forgo an invite to check out the UFC fight and i braved the lonely night.....with my kids.

which i had forgotten how un-lonely that could be. funny thing about getting all caught up in new (maybe not real) puppy love that makes you forget oh say- YOUR BRAIN.

anyhoo. date night with my humans went well (albeit a tad chaotic)

while eating yummy chips and salsa and waiting on my enchiladas Emory said how excited she is to be sitting next to the Mexican people. Then she starts talking about how she could not "for the life of her" convince Saide that she (Emory) is white.....

psssssss...over here. HAVE YOU SEEN EMORY??? Here are some pics of her and her sister and she is wellll.....being Emory. explaination enough

need I say anything more on this? maybe not but I will. We have this really cool blended family. My humans and I. Not to say that at sometimes awkward times i need to break out the red and yellow black and white song...tonight being one of those said times. I try to not get too caught up in the whole thing and just let her feel how she feels unapologetically......but come on. can we do this NOT in public just for once.

Then there was the conversation that started with Kaileigh telling me how frustrated she gets when "little fifth graders" pass her in the hall and tell her she is cute and does she want to be their girlfriend. She is in sixth grade and that is soooooo beneath her. She said to me so calmly and put off "i just dont want a boyfriend" so then in turn Emory jumps in her seat screaming "i want a boyfriend" which in turn Isaiah jumps in his (and my) seat screaming even louder " I WANT A BOYFRIEND"



HIS DADDY WOULD BE SO PROUD. and i am feeling like i am doing SUCH a super job as a mommy....

so then we decide to go bowling. let me break that down for you.

THREE KIDS+ONE MOMMY=

i think the pics say it better. but i will say this about myself. NOONE CAN TELL ME I AM NOT BRAVE








as you can see. Isaiah is beyond capable of even walking on his own, if put down he takes off running down the lanes, my hair is mess makeup gone and Kaileigh is obviously tired as well. Emory was bribed with Starburst so she is good.

but you know what, would not trade a second of it. chaos and all. even the doing it alone part. me and my humans are good. (i am even better now that they are asleep and i am pouring myself a glass of wine)...

night yall.


post signature

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Wendy.. Thanks for your kind comment on my blog. I remember when you posted about getting a divorce last year! and I commented on that! I cant believe you made it through it! And its already almost over. Its nice to see that you did it.. and your alive! I am just happy to see that it can be done. Its hard to imagine I can be where your at down the road. I hope I can get there.

Thanks again for your comment. It means so much to me, and for sharing your own story here on your blog.

xoxo