Thursday, February 25, 2010

Mardi what!!?? it's a week later but oh well!!

In my effort to expose my kids to culturally diverse experiences I dragged happily rounded up my brood and we went down to Dickson for the Mardi Gras parade.

I explained how I was born in New Orleans and although I am not "from" there I am and that it is cool to celebrate or at least acknowledge exciting events for other cities and communities and that Mardi Gras is a big one for New Orleans (and let me tell you, at one of those moments where you are trying to be all meaningful and profound, they just rolled their eyes and were not as impressed as I had hoped)

you can't win em all....

But they did perk up when they say they got to wear masks and get lots of beads (at least they did not know what you are supposed to do for those beads)......

Emory and Isaiah in their masks...


"can you see me mommy" he kept saying...cute baby boy


THE TRUE MAN IN MY LIFE.....MOMMY'S PRINCE


Emory's homemade Mardi Gras Mask,,,


In the end it always comes back to us....Like I have said before, It may be a crazy life, but it's OUR life....and I WOULD NOT TRADE A SECOND OF IT...



 
post signature

No comments: