Thursday, May 26, 2011

To my sweet cousin that is graduating today....

I must say you completely took me by suprise when you reached out to me and I became officially one of your own. In so many ways you continue to teach me what blood family really means and how special that bond can be. I never expected to relate to anyone in my biological family so completely and unconditionally and I have been so blessed and encouraged by you. Who gets to call their cousin one of their very best friends???
I DO!!!

I know what a fight, sacrifice, struggle it has been for you to go to school and that makes me being here to watch you walk so very special to me. To perservere and to keep pushing forward despite raising three boys with hectic schedules and all the needs that kids have, and working crazy full time hours (I mean who the heck gets up before the sun every day to go to work and then go to school and do kid stuff but you...) I am constantly amazed by all that you do and by how well you do it. you never complain. you never say no and you never are selfish and do just for you....I just wish I was that selfless (im the first to admit I am NOT)

To be honest you are the reason that I changed my major. I chose Buisness because it was safe. Watching you and how hard you worked for this made me think,,,,hey, I can do that too...you never gave a cop out or an excuse. you knew the end would justify the means and that you were gonna make a better life for yourself...so here I am. trying to do the same thing. saying thank you is not going to be enough. it's cliche...

My sweet cousin and one of my very best friends I am so very happy to be here. I Know i will cry like a baby. I am your biggest fan. I am so proud of you and encouraged and blessed by you and I hope you enjoy this day..for you have earned it...


post signature

No comments: