Saturday, January 29, 2011

ten reasons I am not asleep

10.) my quasi teenaged daughter and her two over-abundantly grown up "same age as she is" friends in her bedroom, discussing the benefits of posting sweat pant and sports bra pics all the while Kailegh is trying to explain to them that I am all their friends on facebook and will demand a "delete" as soon as they post them...

9.) my best friend across town lovingly wrapped up in the arms of a very great, albeit MY time stealing boyfriend. I will admit it has (sortof) redeemed the process of falling in love to me. They are cute to watch (when i am not throwing up in my mouth ad nauseum) Not that i am completely sold on the idea, it seems over-rated at times.

8.)my funky fresh, uber chic cousin across the United States from me, probaly about to get up to start her day. The girl is a brickhouse, works full time...school full time....three rowdy boys full time while her husband works two jobs...and she puts up with me which lets just be real about it that in itself is a full time job in itself. i get pissed off when i think about all those years that she WOULD HAVE BEEN my best friend, because she IS all that and more to me now.

7.) the book i am supposed to be working on, the labor of love that might not even get written if i don't get off here and actually work on it...but sometimes the process is so much more rewarding than the outcome..kindof like a love affair. the thrill of the chase is so fun-but the let down from the "now what" stage is sad and disheartening. what if it's not what i need it to be after i have supposedly written what i think i am trying to say>??

6.) the memorial service i am attending on monday. this man fought so hard, complained so little, inspired so many. very humble-ing experience to get to see "the wow" factor in a human being first hand..

5.) discovered a new artist that has me very geeked out to get her CD. i envision myself in various stages of undress getting ready for this or that...singing and dancing to songs with titles like "do it like a dude" or "price tag"

4.) the cards i bought to write a real old fashioned letter to my Mimi. complete with pics from our initial visit and musings on visits yet to come. i meant it when i said "it's been a week and i was...enchanted to meet you"

3.) the job that i am supposed to be looking for. i keep waiting for it to hit me, that elusive "what i want to be when i grow up" thing that will solve all my problems, make it all well and good and generally stress me out, make me complain and restore me in the eyes of my parents.....

2.) the floor that needs to be mopped, laundry laying in my bedroom floor and left over meat loaf still stuck to the stove top. dang-it, why did i have to inherit bi-polar tendancies why couldnt it have been OCD instead?

1.) my birthday...and how she won't be thinking of me when i want her to be....oh wait, i obsessed blogged about that already...see above and strike this one..

insert picture of me doing deep breathing exercises

insert the sound bite of soothing music(like a babbling brook or a bunch of crickets or something equally tacky and annoying)

ah hell, just get me a glass of wine...mommy needs to go to bed





post signature

No comments: