Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Kaileigh has entered the bloggy world...

http://kaileighshay-smileitsgoodforyou.blogspot.com/

I know that my mom and dad would frown upon this. They think I give the kid too much freedom as it is, but I don't think of it as freedom away from me. I think of it as the freedom to fly. I let her use her wings and don't try to clip them.

I am so very proud of this kid. She is the best of me. Strong, Independant, Individual and Out of the Ordinary, She knows what she likes and doesnt care if you approve. She is respectful and kind and cares if she hurts people's feelings. She knows she can be her own person and that she is valued for that. She finishes my sentences and knows my heart. In so many ways she has parented me.

I got pregnant at 18 with Kaileigh. EVERYONE said I should give her up, I had been such a "success" adoption story that I should just jump on the first chance to have my life back.. right? . I dont think that even I understood at the time but my life really started on August 7, 1997 when this amazing thing happened to me. And I dont look back with regret or with shame. I did it whole heart and knowing adoption sucks and was not an option. and she is good and kind and amazing...

and now she gets to write to you, and you can see what I get to see everyday....

this is what happens when you dont give up and walk away. When you stick it out and know that God doesnt give you more than you can handle. sometimes you just have to believe..





one of my greatest accomplishments......
.
post signature

2 comments:

Small Town Girl said...

I am so excited! I am her newest follower hey send me your info please I need to get it to your swap partner and I will inbox your to your fb later tonight! Thanks love ya!

Anonymous said...

I am your newest follower I hope you will follow me back I found you from Bullington Family Journey!





http://mfaithsmommy.blogspot.com/