Thursday, October 28, 2010

Dear (insert any of the guys I have dated over the past year)

I have been accused of not living in reality more than once. I have been accused of seeing things how I want them to be instead of how they really are.

 I do this thing in romantic relationships where I dream too big, ask for more than he can give...
and then sit there with my hands on my head, asking myself why it didnt work out??

I am absolutely in love with the new song "Dear John"  (and in extension Taylor Swift)
and I am most over the moon to find out that it's not just me.

not just me that believes in a man, who really doesnt deserve it, because he should have told me from the beginning that he didnt want it.
not just me that refuses to be jaded or careful or hold back and feel regret...

I put it out there and let myself feel what I feel, am I smart to do that? maybe not.
am I free because I allow myself to do that? most assuredly

and yes, I will experience hurt and i will experience rejection and yes,,,,i will sometimes get it wrong

but I also believe that someday, he will come along

and I will get it right...






post signature

No comments: