Sunday, August 24, 2008

Jeremiah 33:3

"Call unto me and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things which thou do not know." ~Jeremiah 33:3

I have learned over the years that there are alot of things I don't know. I don't know why babies die, or why I can't find my birthmother after 10 long years of searching for her, I don't know why daddies don't take care of their kids, and can someone tell me why people cheat? I just don't know the answer to those things.
I have also learned that I have been a drama magnet because ~ how can you live IN peace if you are not AT peace. I am working at that one day by day and progress is slow (but the point is and should be this; there is progress in my heart) I learned that best is not always good (as in a best friend is not always good for you) and I learned that I have little self esteem and self worth. But I don't want anyone to feel sorry for me because I don't feel sorry for myself. I am just working on seeing the good (in others and in myself) and being okay with the things I can do instead of beating myself up for the things I can't. I am okay with being a work in progress. Another one of the things I have learned is that if you call out and ask God for things you do get an answer. Sometimes that answer is not the one you wanted to get, but you got an answer. Maybe it was just no. And I have to stop in times like that and just say, Lord give me the strength to accept whatever your answer is, because I get it now. I see that my plans may not be what you have in your plan and your in charge. I am tired of acting like I am in charge. I was'nt doing such a hot job myself. I just give it all to you.

On the flip side of that sometimes you call out to God and get blessings. My greatest blessings have come out of hidden places. A few of them were even tragedies that showed themselves to be miracles in the end. I just have to turn off the fast pace every now and then, be still, and listen. All things show themselves true in the end. Good and Bad. I want to learn to call out to him. The preacher today said that sometimes we get put in uncomfortable places to be able to get to that place where we are once again comfortable with God. And I truly believe that lately that has been the case. I heard an awesome song today "Everlasting God" by Glen Packiam which said that no matter what, the good the bad, that My God is everlasting. still there for me and loving me and accepting me. everlasting.
To say it simply I was at peace. And renewed and inspired. Now let's see if I can do something with that.

Enough of my ramblings, just wanted to process all of this while my sermon notes still made sense.

No comments: