Thursday, December 08, 2011

What a difference a week makes...

i wasnt sure how to tackle this one so it's taken me a few days to get my thoughts together.

a week ago today my precious daughter Kaileigh and i sat in the hospital ICU @ Sparks holding her daddy's hand and trying to wrap our heads around how someone could put a bullet hole in their own head.

yea, wish i was making that one up.

and let me tell ya, a week later i still don't know if i got that one figured out.

Suicide has always been stuff of bad lifetime movies for me. That cliche "how could someone be so selfish" question and other such nonsense. When it happens to you, it's incomprehensible. people looking at me with sad "dont know what to say" puppy dog eyes, and that feeling of wanting to throw up but instead having to explain what happened and don't even get me started on pretending to "get back to normal"

Leon was my high school sweetheart. I'd had a few loves before him but nothing even remotely like him. We had Kaileigh when we were 19 and the years that followed were rocky and sometimes a little hairy but for 16 years this man has been in my life.

and now he isnt.

Kaileigh is a trooper. She returned to school and so far everyone has been really supportive of her. I'm not sure what the days ahead are going to look like for us, but we will get through it.





post signature

1 comment:

Don said...

THAT is scary. I can only imagine the emotions running thru both you and your daughter's mind.