Sunday, November 30, 2008

Oh goodness...i started out with 2 pets and now have 8

I think on some smaller scale I am feeling Jon and Kate-ish. My extremely tiny half shi-zu and half taco bell do got pregnant by our full blood wienie dog. To say I was not so pleased is an understatement. But I figured the dog is not so big so we might have one maybe two puppies.
So we plugged along watching my tiny doggie blow up to unfathionable portions for such a small dog knowing that any one of these days will be THE day. Today Kaileigh comes shrieking into my room while I was trying to take a nap. On any other normal day that happens often so I was not alarmed. But today I was a little concerned when I was able to make out the words, "there is a puppy in my bed". Turns out Bell had burrowed herself under the covers and had a puppy and did so making no noise or movement. The only way Kaileigh became aware of it was when she pulled back the covers to get up and go get a drink of water. Bell really is an amazing dog so sweet and well behaved. It is too bad she is so ugly (but than again, noone has a dog like her)
With that exciting proclamation Kaileigh, Emory and I ran to Kaileigh's room in time to see a sight I will not describe for you (because I am trying to get the picture out of my head still). It was foul looking and smelling and thus 2 of my 3 children got to see the miracle of birth (okay, so it was the family pet but she is still a member of the family and in lots of ways we think of her as human)
I kept thinking she was done and then I would come back into the room and find yet another dog the size of a mouse. She never yelped or acted like she was in pain instead spitting them out like "hmmm...no big deal" The end total is 6!!!! 6 puppies are whimpering and whining away in my house and I am so clueless. How am I going to find homes for them? And how will I seperate the girls from them. And what about Bell, will she be sad and go into depression (that does run in our family) What am I going to do with 8 dogs?
pictures will follow soon as soon as I pick up my jaw off the floor.


No comments:

Blog Archive